I'm still here. I woke up to some decently painful, frequent contractions this morning that lasted for a little while. But, alas, they tapered off and come and go as they please now. I still think babyC is coming sooner rather than later, but who knows when.
I've been sitting on my exercise ball and also just ate a bowl of spicy salsa for lunch so maybe those things will help. D has offered to help, but I'd almost rather stay pregnant at this point...
Tonight I'm going to a group baby shower for me and several other moms in my meetup group. It should be fun!
We were supposed to go to a playdate today but my car was dead. That has never happened to me before and I did not enjoy it.
It went a little something like this:
Get O dressed, he brings me his shoes. (he's obsessed with them)
I put on his shoes and then he alternates between screaming at me and running to the door while I try to get dressed.
I get dressed, do hair, minimal makeup, teeth brushing, etc.
Get d dressed after some coercing and "offering" to leave him home while O and I go play.
Get d's shoes on.
Go pack diaper bag.
Make d brush teeth and use potty.
Put d's shoes on AGAIN.
Put sippy cups in diaper bag.
Find keys and cell phone.
Pause every few seconds to wish C would stop poking me in the cervix.
Get both kids out the laundry room and garage and to the car.
Car beeper doesn't work.
Wipe sweat from brow.
Open door with key.
Lock button won't work.
Cuss in my head and try to keep the kids from climbing into the driver's seat.
Put key in ingnition and turn. Listen to nothing.
Call D on cell phone.
Try to take now confused and rather ticked off kids back inside.
Give up and wait for D outside.
D arrives, jumps car while 2 small boys are holding onto his ankles.
Car still doesn't work.
Call tow truck.
Tow truck arrives.
Tow truck jumps car (2 hours later) and it works.
Apparently D's car cannot jump my big, strong, MINIVAN.
Miss playdate and bribe kids with filling up kiddie pool for the first time this year.
d cries, "But I'm so sad!" until I give him some ice cream.
Blah, blah, play, lunch and finally - NAP. (both of them! At the same time!!)
11 comments:
I'm sending vibes to your cervix right now.
At least you didn't get to the playdate THEN have your car be dead while you were away from home.
I am so sorry about all that duplication above. Stupid Blogger!
Wow! Blogger went crazy with Shelly's comment! Either that or she just really wanted you to hear what she had to say.
Anyway, ugh! Sorry your silly minivan ruined your day. I hope D doesn't get a complex about not being able to jump your car.
That sucks! Hope manana is better!
oh man! I've had a day just like that. I've learned to make sure the lights come on in the car before I start the whole parade. How nice of D to come right away. I didn't get my car back till 3 days later when I ordered him to buy a battery! ;)
I was scandalized at the unjustness of a severly pregnant woman's car not starting (COME ON, UNIVERSE!) but then I read that the boys slept at the same time. A little redemption, huh?
Come on baby C! We are all excited to meet you!
Catching up on blog posts and comments finally.
I'd like to second what Marie said. I was all "Wow, they took naps at the same time." That's redeeming.
Post a Comment